How Can I Do SEO For My Site?
Here are a few important tips to follow if you wish to do your own search engine optimization by yourself. Follow the ideas given below in the order I have listed them and I am sure you will have pretty good succeess.
- Get a site audit done first. You can get a free site audit on this site by clicking on ‘FREE Audit‘ Above.
- In the site audit you will receive a complete list of the various task needed to implement to get your site on page 1 in Google.
- Follow the steps in the audit.
Now below is a summary what you will find in the audit that’s important to do immediately.
- Check your title tag length is maximum 60 characters long. Safe is 55 to 60 characters. If you do this then 90% of your title tag will appear in the search results by Google when someone searches your service or products.
- Make sure you have the meta description is 155 to 160 words. If its longer Google will truncated the description to fit.
- Insert the focus keyword in the title and meta description. Do not stuff keywords.
- Use LSI keywords (Latent Semantic Indexing) to support the main keyword phrase.
- When you create the content on your post make sure its on topic with the title of the page.
- Make sure you have only one H1 tag right at the top of the page.
- Make sure your paragraphs have H2, H3 and H4 tags.
- Have 3 internal links, linking to the main page, an internal page and or a category page.
- Check to see if you have ALT tags for images in place. Preferably have keyword phrases in ALT tags.
- Make sure your paragraphs are short with 2 to 3 sentences only. Its makes it easy for visitors to read.
- Use questions to begin a paragraph. Make sure each paragraph supports the main keyword phrase or the top if the blog post.
- Post the article on citation sites to get back links to that post.
- If you want your page to rank have High DA sites linking back to your page.
- If your site is new make sure it have a sitemap that is submitted to Google & Bing for indexing.
- Lastly submit your site to directories on line.
The 15 suggestions above should help you get started on teh right track to do your own website SEO.
Founder & CEO