I just recently built a blog from scratch for my T-shirt Printing website. Its took me over 20 hours to get the backbone ready so that I can start to blog on a daily or weekly basis.
I thought it would be a great idea if I can jot down all the various steps I have taken to get this blog off the ground.
Remember Rome wasn’t not built in one day so all the information I share here though it will help you get to where you want (have a great blog) it will still take time and effort on your part. So if you are patience and eager to learn I will help you. In case you may find this all so overwhelming and would like an expert to help build the entire blog for you let me know and I will email you how we can work together on that project. Until then keep following the posts I shall be placing here over the following weeks.
Component Of A Blog
These are the component of a blog that you will need to consider having before you get started on your project “building a website:
- A domain name – this is your brand name, company name or your name
- A hosting company – this is where you will house or host your domain
- A blog theme preferably – themes then to help you with getting your messages out quicker and effectively.
- A email marketing system to collect subscribers – I recommend an auto responder system to take care of this.
Bits and pieces that helps with the SEO of your blog
Here are some of the plugins that I use that you may considering having in place either when you start the blog or in the following weeks when you do.
- 404 to start – Send 404 page not found error directly to start page (or any other page/site) to overcome problems with search engines. With optional email alert.
- Ad Inserter – Ad management with many advanced advertising features to insert ads at optimal positions
- Akismet Anti-Spam – Used by millions, Akismet is quite possibly the best way in the world to protect your blog from spam. It keeps your site protected even while you sleep. To get started: activate the Akismet plugin and then go to your Akismet Settings page to set up your API key.
- Better-Search and Replace – A small plugin for running a search/replace on your WordPress database.
- Classic Editor – Enables the WordPress classic editor and the old-style Edit Post screen with TinyMCE, Meta Boxes, etc. Supports the older plugins that extend this screen.
- Disable Comments – Allows administrators to globally disable comments on their site. Comments can be disabled according to post type. You could bulk delete comments using Tools.
- Google XML Sitemap for Videos – This plugin will generate a XML Video Sitemap for your WordPress blog. Open the settings page to create your video sitemap.
- Gravity Forms – Easily create web forms and manage form entries within the WordPress admin.
- Limit Login Attempts – Limit rate of login attempts, including by way of cookies, for each IP.
- Local Business Schema VoiceRank360 – When users search for businesses on Google Search or Maps, Search results may display a prominent Knowledge Graph card with details about a business that matched the query.
- Name Directory – A Name Directory, i.e. for animal names or to create a glossary. Visitors can add, search or just browse all names.