I am going to use Chatmatic as the example here where Chat Bots are concerned. However most ChatBots will be almost the same to configure.
The First Step In The Setup:
When you first get a subscription to a ChatBot you will have to add your FB business page to the bot and get permission from Facebook to use it. I show you where to do that in Facebook in another post. Click Here.
Under The Setting Tab:
Under the setting tab you will configure the following:
- The Persistence menu- The persistent menu allows you to have an always-on user interface element inside Messenger conversations. This is an easy way to help people discover and access the core functionality of your Messenger bot at any point in the conversation.
- The tags such as Email, Phone, etc.
- Templates you may be using or have created for future use,
- Integrations such as Mailchimp and Zapier
- Automatons to help your bot to add subscribers seamlessly to your autoresponder
- Admin and lastly
Under The Subscriber Tab:
Here you will see your Facebook subscribers added. In this example I have not asked the bot to capture email addresses or phones as yet. It is just adding them to a Messenger list for me.
In the image below you will see more data collected per person. The data seen is:
- User attributes (email a& phone) > in this case no data was collected as I had not set the phone to do that
- The subscribers name
- How long as the subscriber been with you
- Total messages sent, total read, total links clicked
- What tags are attached to the customer. This depends on the links clicked. Its all programmed into the BOT.
- And you also see the message sequence.
Useful video on the setup of Chatmatic