What is Search Engine Optimization For Websites?
Search engine optimization is often called SEO for short. It is when certain tasks are done on page as well as off page to help a website to rank in the SERPS.
I will explain what is “off-page and on-page optimization first.
What is Off-Page Optimization?
Off page optimization is all the work done on other websites that then make reference to your site. Back-links from a high DA site is an off page optimization task. DA stands for domain authority. Other off-page tasks are blogs that link back to your site or any social sites such as Facebook or Twitter that has a link back to your website on the net.
What is OnPage Optimization?
On page SEO refers to a number of SEO task such as:
- Selecting keywords for the content of the site
- Checking the keyword desity of webpages.
- Placing the right number of H1, H2, H3 tags on a webpage
- Adding ALT tags to images, renaming image names with keywords, adding descriptions to images and videos along with tags
- Implementing internal linking strategies to link back to category pages , relevant pages and the home page. Here we link internal pages using proper ALT tags
- Optimizing page content with right keywords
- Checking the page load speed
- Check if the SSL Certificate is installed
- Checking to see if the SiteMap is installed (A Sitemap is an XML file that lists the URLs for a site.)
- Checking to see if robot.txt file is installed (Robots.txt is a text file webmasters create to instruct robots (typically search engine robots) how to crawl & index pages on their website.
What Is The Meaning Of SERPS?
SERPS stand for ‘search engine results pages’. You can read up more by clicking here.