Why Is On Page Optimization So Important?
On-page SEO is the practice of optimizing individual web pages in order to rank higher and earn more relevant traffic in search engines. On-page refers to both the content and HTML source code of a pagethat can be optimized, as opposed to off-page SEOwhich refers to links and other external signals. You can read more here.
One of the most important factors to keep in mind when writing content for your site is that you must always keep your end user, the visitor, in mind. What are their needs? What are the local visitor researching on? What do they need today? How can you help them get what they want?
If we can write good helpful content then more people will stay on our pages for longer. This will in turn show Google that our page is relevant to the querie made on line and will help us rank higher in the SERPS. This is what creates good search engine optimization.
By following certain guide lines that I wrote in a previous post on content optimization you can get good organic results over time.
How Do I Optimize My SEO Page?
Here are some more tips that can assist you with on-page SEO basics you may need:
- Select the right sort of keywords. (Check my resources page at the bottom of this page for keyword tools)
- Choose a good domain to host your site on. The right domain will help you rank higher.
- Optimize your meta data. This includes the right ALT Tags and ALT Text, Meta description
- Create unique content for your readers. If you were to take information from other sites give reference back to that site.
- You file names should be around keywords
- Create a service or product page for your site
- Create a resouce page